Disable Flash SMS on iPhone (Works for Vodafone Idea, Jio, Airtel)
Before we jump into disabling those pesky flash SMS messages on your iPhone, let’s take a quick look at what they actually are. This will help you understand why they keep popping up and how we can make them stop.
What is a Flash SMS and How Does It Work?
1. Turning Off Flash SMS via iPhone’s Cellular Settings
If you’re looking to get rid of flash SMS on your iPhone, the cellular settings are your best bet. Here’s a quick guide to do just that:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on Mobile/Cellular Data and look for the option that says SIM Applications.
- Inside, you’ll find options like Airtel Live or Vodafone Now, depending on your network provider. Give them a tap.
- Next, hit the Start/Stop button, and then press Stop to confirm.
Voilà! You should get a message saying that those flash messages are now disabled. Pretty simple, right?
2. Reach Out to Your Cellular Network Provider
Still seeing flash messages? It might be time to give your cellular network provider a call. They can turn off these messages for you. Here are some handy numbers:
- BSNL: Dial 1800 180 1503
- Vodafone Idea: Just press 198
- Airtel: Call up 121
- Reliance Jio: 198 is your number
3. Update Your Carrier Settings
If flash SMS is still a headache, updating your carrier settings might be the solution. Carrier updates can fix bugs and improve performance.
- Go to the Settings app, then General, and finally, About.
- If there’s an update, you’ll see a popup. Just follow the instructions to update.
4. Update Your iPhone
- To update, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General, then Software Update.
- Here, you can Download and Install iOS 17 or the latest software available.