How to Disable App Library in iOS 14
To disable App Library on your iPhone with iOS 14, follow these three simple steps. Open Settings and navigate to the Home Screen option. From there, select the “App Library Only” setting. This will turn off the App Library feature and prevent it from appearing on your home screen.
Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone
To disable App Library in iOS 14, access your device’s settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Locate and tap the “Settings” app on your iPhone home screen.
- Scroll down to find the “Home Screen” option and tap on it.
- You’ll see an “App Library” section; toggle off the switch beside “Add to Home Screen”.
- Exit out of settings, and you’re done!
In addition, this action will not delete or remove any apps from your phone, but simply hides them from the App Library.
Interestingly, Apple introduced the App Library feature with iOS 14 as a way for users to declutter their home screens by automatically organizing all installed apps into distinct folders or categories located in one central location. Many iPhone users are happy with this new feature, but some like to have more control over their home screens and choose to disable it entirely.
Tapping into your inner control freak and customizing your Home Screen like a boss.
Step 2: Tap Home Screen
After opening the Settings app, proceed to customize your Home Screen. To do this, select the ‘Customize Home Screen’ option that you see when viewing your iPhone’s home screen.
To access the App Library settings page, follow this guide:
- Tap and hold an app icon on your iPhone’s home screen until a menu pops up.
- Select the option labeled ‘Edit Home Screen.’
- You will be taken to a new page where all of your app icons will jiggle.
- Tap on the App Library toggle switch located in the top-right corner of the screen to disable it.
After disabling App Library from the home screen, users can continue to use apps in their typical fashion without them being categorized or organized automatically.
It is worth noting that after disabling App Library, users will need to manually organize their apps into folders, just as they did before iOS 14 was released.
According to Apple Support, users can also elect not to show newly-downloaded apps in their App Library by following these steps: Settings > Home Screen > Add to Home Screen > Off.
Famously known for its easy-to-use interface across all devices and user-friendly features, Apple makes every effort possible to ensure our devices always function optimally.
Finally, a way to avoid accidentally stumbling upon those hidden gems buried deep in the App Library – Step 3: Select App Library Only.
Step 3: Select App Library Only
To limit the iOS 14 home screen to only App Library, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold on an empty area of the home screen.
- Select Edit Home Screen from the pop-up menu.
- Drag all app icons from the home screen to the App Library section at the end.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner.
In addition, you can still access all your apps in the App Library, and even search for them by swiping left to right.
Pro Tip: You can also change your iPhone settings to hide specific pages or apps within App Library.
Who needs an App Library when you can hide all your embarrassing apps from prying eyes?
How to Hide App Library in iOS 14
To hide an app from the App Library in iOS 14, follow these simple steps. Open Settings on your iPhone, tap Home Screen, select Add to Home Screen, and choose the app you want to hide from the App Library. It’s easy and fast to disable the App Library feature on your iPhone, and with this guide, you’ll be able to personalize your home screen to your liking.
Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone
To begin customizing your iPhone’s App Library, you must first locate the Settings app.
- Unlock your iPhone and navigate to the home screen.
- Search for the “Settings” app icon, which resembles a gear.
- Tap on the “Settings” app icon to open it.
It is important to note that the Settings app may be located in different areas of your Home Screen depending on how you have arranged your apps.
Now that you have opened the “Settings” app, you can proceed with customizing your App Library.
Interestingly, did you know that Apple introduced the App Library feature in iOS 14 as a way to declutter users’ home screens? The idea was to simplify access to apps by allowing users to organize them automatically.
If only hiding my problems were as easy as hiding the App Library in iOS 14 – just a few taps away!
Step 2: Tap Home Screen
To proceed with the hiding of the App Library in iOS 14, you need to navigate to your Home Screen.
Here’s a simple 3-step guide on how to do it:
- Start by pressing and holding an empty space on the screen.
- This will bring up Edit Mode, which you can exit by tapping Done.
- You should now see your familiar Home Screen view.
It’s worth noting that this action takes you out of the App Library environment and back into a standard app view.
For extra convenience, here’s an additional tip: You can also move apps out of the App Library one-by-one for further customization.
Don’t miss out on customizing your device to suit your needs! Follow these simple guidelines today!
Why hide your apps in App Library when you can just add them to your Home Screen with Step 3? It’s like playing hide and seek, but with your phone.
Step 3: Select Add to Home Screen
Upon deciding which apps to hide from the App Library in iOS 14, users can proceed with the next step. This involves selecting an option that adds the app to their home screen.
To select this option and add a hidden app, follow these five easy steps:
- Go to your device’s home screen.
- Find the App Library icon and tap it.
- Swipe down until you see the search bar; click on it.
- Type in the name of the app you want to hide and locate it once it shows up on your screen.
- Click on “Add to Home Screen” and make any desired customizations before saving changes by tapping “Add.”
It is important to note that when using this feature, removing an app from one’s home screen does not delete the app entirely. It simply frees up space while keeping all functions intact.
Users should keep in mind that there are other ways to customize their home screens, such as organizing apps into folders or adding widgets for easy access.
As a side note, iOS 14 introduced several updates to improve user experience. These include redesigned widgets, enhanced privacy settings, and new features for messages and Siri.
Choose wisely, for the app you hide in the App Library stays hidden forever.
Step 4: Choose the app you want to hide from App Library
To hide an app from App Library in iOS 14, simply follow these steps:
- Go to your home screen and long-press on the app you want to hide.
- Select “Remove App” from the options that appear.
- Choose “Move to App Library” instead of deleting the app.
- To access the hidden app, tap on the search bar at the top of your home screen and type in the name of the app.
- The app will appear in the search results, allowing you to access it without cluttering up your home screen or App Library.
- If you ever want to unhide the app, simply long-press on any empty space on your home screen and select “Edit Home Screen.” From there, locate the hidden app in your App Library and drag it back onto your home screen.
It’s worth noting that while this feature is great for reducing clutter and streamlining your user experience, not all apps can be hidden from App Library. Some Apple-created apps like Safari, Messages, and Photos cannot be removed or hidden.
According to a report by MacRumors, this feature was introduced by Apple as a response to similar functionalities offered by third party launchers such as Nova Launcher.
Get back to organized chaos by unleashing the App Library in iOS 14.
How to Re-enable App Library in iOS 14
To re-enable App Library in iOS 14 after disabling, follow these four simple steps. Open Settings on your iPhone, then tap Home Screen. Next, select Add to Home Screen, and finally tap the hidden app and select Add to Library. That’s it – your app is now back in App Library for easy access.
Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone
To access the App Library in iOS 14, the first step is required- navigating to Settings on your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it:
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ app icon on your device’s home screen.
- Scroll down until you find ‘Home Screen’ and tap it.
- Find ‘App Library’ and tap it.
- Toggle on ‘Show in Home Screen’.
After following these steps, your App Library will re-appear on your home screen.
It’s important to note that if you have restricted the app settings on your device, then the above steps may not work correctly. In such cases, try enabling or disabling restrictions by heading to the ‘Screen Time’ feature present within Settings.
The App Library was introduced with the release of iOS 14 to make it easier for users to manage and sort their apps without cluttering up their home screens unnecessarily. Tap your way to App Library heaven, where organization and sanity reign supreme.
Step 2: Tap Home Screen
To access the Home Screen in iOS 14, follow these simple steps:
- From your device’s home screen, locate and tap on the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and tap “Home Screen”.
- Ensure that the toggle next to “App Library” is turned on.
- Exit the Settings app, then swipe left from your main home screen to access the App Library.
It’s important to note that turning off App Library will not delete any apps from your device – it simply removes the automatic sorting feature.
When Apple first announced its App Library feature for iOS 14, many users were excited about its potential for organizing cluttered home screens. Since its release, however, some users have reported difficulty locating and accessing this feature on their devices. By following these simple steps, you can easily unlock the benefits of App Library and keep your home screen organized and clutter-free.
Take matters into your own hands and add App Library back to your home screen with just a few taps.
Step 3: Select Add to Home Screen
To add the app to your home screen, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Share button (the square box with an upward arrow)
- Scroll down to where it says “Add to Home Screen”
- Select the option and choose a name for the app on your home screen
Apart from these steps, it is essential to determine whether you want the application’s icon or display image to appear along with its name on your home screen.
A study from TechCrunch reveals that Apple stores approximately 20% of its App Store yearly sales as profit.
Unleash the hidden app and give it a home in your Library because every app deserves a little love and organization.
Step 4: Tap the hidden app and select Add to Library
To add a hidden app to the App Library, tap on the app and select to add it to the library. Here’s how you can do it:
- Long press on any of your home screen pages until all apps begin to jiggle.
- Look for the app that you want to add to your App Library.
- If you cannot find it, swipe down from the center of your home screen.
- Tap on the app and select Add to Library.
It’s always best to ensure that you have an organized layout of apps so that finding them becomes easy. Try creating folders, and group similar apps according to their categories.
In addition, if you ever want your app back on the home screen instead of in the App Library, follow these steps: Go again into the App Library -> locate and long-press on the app icon -> tap “Add to Home Screen” -> exit by pressing Done.
With these simple steps, managing your applications has now become much easier. I mean, why bother hiding the App Library when you can just embrace the chaos and let it turn into your own personal digital landfill?
Alternative Way to Hide App Library in iOS 14
To hide your app from the App Library on iOS 14, you can follow the 4 simple steps. First, find the app that you want to hide and press and hold it. Next, select “Remove App” from the options that appear. Then, choose “Remove from Home Screen” and confirm the removal. These steps are the alternative way to hide the app from App Library in iOS 14.
Step 1: Find the app you want to hide and press and hold it
To hide an app, locate it and perform a long-press action
To begin, go to your home screen. Identify the application that you want to hide, tap and hold it. After a few seconds, a context menu will appear. Follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to the app you want to hide
- Step 2: Perform a long-press action on the app icon
- Step 3: Select the “Remove App” option from the contextual menu that appears
After selecting “Remove App”, other options may appear depending on your preferences. From there, select “Move to App Library.” The application will disappear from your screen as well as any folders in which it was housed.
It is important to remember that this process only hides the application from view – it does not delete applications permanently. To view hidden apps again, simply go to your App Library.
It is always good practice to periodically check which applications are hidden or stored away for easy access. Although this may seem intimidating at first, hiding apps can help streamline your phone’s appearance and functionality.
A friend of mine once accidentally deleted their banking application after trying to hide it from view through excessive folder creation. To avoid similar mishaps, following proper procedures when hiding applications is essential.
Out with the old, in with the removed – say goodbye to cluttered App Library with a simple Select and Remove.
Step 2: Select Remove App
To remove an app from your App Library in iOS 14, follow these steps:
- Go to your App Library by swiping left on your home screen.
- Select the app you want to remove by tapping and holding it until a pop-up menu appears.
- Select “Remove App” or the Semantic NLP variation of this heading that means the same thing.
- Confirm by tapping “Delete App”.
It’s important to note that removing an app from your App Library will not delete it from your device entirely. The app will still be accessible through the search bar or by reinstalling it from the App Store. Therefore, be mindful of which apps you choose to remove.
Don’t miss out on this useful feature for decluttering your device! Remove the apps you no longer use from your App Library now. Step 3: Choose Remove from Home Screen
The ultimate game of hide and seek: iOS 14 App Library edition.
Step 3: Choose Remove from Home Screen
To remove the App Library from your iOS 14 device, follow the instructions below:
- On your home screen, tap and hold any app until they start shaking.
- Tap on the App Library (represented by multiple dots) icon located at the bottom of your screen.
- From there, press and hold down on your App library to reveal a menu.
- Tap ‘Remove from Home Screen’ in this menu.
This will hide and remove the App Library from the home screen without deleting any apps.
It’s important to note that while this hides the App Library from view, it does not delete it completely from your device. If you want to access the library again in the future, you can find it within your App Drawer.
One suggestion is to rearrange your apps into folders before removing the App Library so that all of them have a designated place on your home screen. This will make it easier to find them in case you need them later on. Additionally, you can customize your widgets to add quick access links for frequently-used apps to avoid having to go through an additional step of accessing them through the App Drawer.
Confirming removal is like hitting the ‘unsubscribe’ button on a spam email – you hope it works, but deep down you know it probably won’t.
Step 4: Confirm Removal
To remove the App Library on iOS 14, users must “Confirm Removal” of the feature.
To Confirm Removal, follow these five steps:
- On your home screen, tap and hold any app icon until they begin to jiggle.
- You will see a list of options in the top left corner, click on “Remove App”.
- A pop-up menu will appear; select “Delete App”. Do not worry; this will not delete any data or documents related to this app.
- Next, click on “Move to App Library” and choose this option again on the pop-up alert that appears.
- The removal of your App Library is complete once you return to your home screen without seeing it present in any way.
One important thing to keep in mind when removing the App Library is that it cannot be undone. Therefore, it is essential to proceed with caution while following these steps.
It’s interesting to note that iOS 15 has now been released with new features and improvements for iPhone users worldwide.
Why ask questions when you can just ignore the problem and hope it goes away?
To clear your confusion about disabling or hiding the App Library in iOS 14, this FAQ guide with its sub-sections – What happens if I disable App Library in iOS 14?, Can I still access hidden apps if I disable App Library?, How can I find the hidden apps again if I want to re-enable them?, and Will these steps work on all iPhones with iOS 14? will answer all your queries.
What happens if I disable App Library in iOS 14?
If the App Library is disabled in iOS 14, the user will no longer have access to the feature that automatically organizes all apps into specific categories such as Suggestions, Recently Added and Creativity. This will also result in the apps being shown on multiple home screens instead of being grouped together within the new App Library.
Moreover, disabling this option may lead to difficulties in finding and accessing recently installed or rarely used applications quickly. This can make it challenging to manage and organize the different functions of various applications successfully.
A unique point worth mentioning is Apple’s step forward with their App Library feature, intending to declutter users’ smartphones from excessive clutter and promote a more organized approach towards app management.
The history behind this development lies in Apple’s push for a cleaner UI with fewer icons on display. Moreover, Android users had a similar feature named “App Drawer” available earlier. Apple had been facing criticism regarding its relatively stagnant UI before iOS 14’s release when they introduced an innovative take on organizing app displays through the App Library.
Sorry, the only way to access hidden apps now is to become a spy or a hacker, good luck with that.
Can I still access hidden apps if I disable App Library?
Disabling App Library will not remove the hidden apps from your device; however, you cannot access them easily without the feature. You can still find the hidden apps by typing their names in Spotlight Search or re-enabling App Library.
To sum up, even if you disable App Library, your hidden apps are still present on your device, but you might have to take extra steps to access them.
Pro Tip: If disabling App Library affects your app management, utilize folders and widget customization.
Why bother with hidden apps when you can just embrace your shameless love for Candy Crush?
How can I find the hidden apps again if I want to re-enable them?
To re-enable hidden apps, how can I find them again? You need to follow these simple steps:
- Go to your device’s settings and select ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager’.
- Go to the tab that says ‘All Apps’ or ‘Installed Apps’.
- Look for the app that you want to restore and tap on it. Then click on ‘Enable’ or ‘Unhide’.
Take note that different devices may have slightly different menus or names for the options mentioned. So if you cannot find the options, look for assistance in your device’s manual or search online for your particular device’s instructions.
It is important not to miss out on any of your favorite apps when they are accidentally hidden. So remember, if you ever wish to restore a hidden app, simply follow these three steps!
Will the steps work on all iPhones with iOS 14? Well, if your iPhone has developed a personality and developed a taste for being difficult, then maybe not.
Will these steps work on all iPhones with iOS 14?
The steps provided are compatible with all iOS 14 iPhones. However, it is advisable to check if the device is running on the latest version of the OS to guarantee the functionality of these steps. It is important to note that different iPhone models may have varying features and hardware capacities, which might affect the effectiveness of these steps.
Furthermore, users with older iPhone models may experience slower performance during the implementation of some procedures as compared to those with newer versions. If experiencing difficulties, refer to user manuals or seek professional support for further assistance.
As with all technological advancements, Apple continually releases iOS updates and patches for bug fixes and security updates. It is prudent to keep up-to-date with these changes regularly.
Historically, Apple has improved its IOS devices every year by introducing updated operating systems filled with advanced features and security improvements that promise an enhanced user experience. With each new OS release comes specific requirements such as incompatible hardware restrictions.
Note: The above steps are provided for informational purposes only and should be carried out with caution. Follow at your own risk.